Well here's the stuff of recurring nightmares and a reminder to always look inside the bowl before sitting down, a lesson one Brisbane woman won't soon forget. Helen Richards just went to do her business when she felt a sharp bite. Turns out a 5-foot carpet python was lurking beneath the lid. Thankfully the snake, which is native to Eastern Australia, is non-venomous, so the 59-year-old could be treated with antiseptic. According to snake handler Jasmine Zeleny, sometimes the reptiles will take refuge in watery environments like toilets when the temp rises.