The California Department of Motor Vehicles announced Thursday some offices will reopen starting tomorrow, Friday, May 8. The following offices in the Bay Area will be open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday's the office will open at 9a.m.
- Oakland Claremont
- San Francisco
- San Jose DLPC
- Santa Rosa
Face masks will be mandatory for you to enter the DMV.
The following transactions can be done at the field offices:
- Paying registration for a vehicle impounded because of registration-related issues
- Reinstating a suspended or revoked driver license
- Applying for a reduced-fee or no-fee identification card
- Processing commercial driver license transactions
- Applying for a disabled person parking placards
- Adding an ambulance certificate or firefighter endorsement to a driver license
- Verifying a transit training document to drive a transit bus.
- Processing DMV Express customers for REAL ID transactions, if time and space allows
CLICK HERE to schedule an appointment or get info about their virtual field offices.