Christie was telling us a story this morning about watching a guy on an airplane drop a piece of pie in the center aisle. It was a gooey piece of pie and he picked it up and ate it! It made me want to examine the famous "5 second rule" that says food is okay to eat if you pick it up in 5 seconds or less.
Here's how it turns out......a clean looking floor isn't necessarily clean. Some germs can survive on the floor for a long time. Faster is better but it may not be fast enough. Food will pick up more bacteria obviously the longer it is on the floor but some bacteria will jump on right away. Sticky foods i.e. Pie are definitely germ magnets. When in doubt, Toss it out!!
Some bacteria are not harmful but others can be super harmful and throw you for a loop!!
If you have kids, you probably have used the "5 second rule". Researchers actually tested to see if it is true! https://t.co/wSh1v94YRu— Richmond Mom (@Richmondmom) March 16, 2017