Thanks to the Peninsula Humane Society for releasing these awesome tips on keeping your dogs safe during the July 4th fireworks.
Shelters fill up with dogs after the 4th because tons of dogs get spooked by the fireworks and they try to run away from all noise.
1. Don't take pets to fireworks displays
2. Keep pets inside a room with your blinds and drapes closed
3. Use something to help down out the noise like the TV, music or a fan
4. Make sure your pet has currents ID tags or microchip
5. If your pet suffers really bad during the fireworks then talk to your vet about giving your pet a mild tranquilizer
6. If you lose your pet then check with your local shelter