A storm is hitting the bay area so I decided to give you some great driving in the rain tips to keep you and your family safe on the road.
1. Stay alert! Keep focused on everything going on around you.
2. Be extra cautious especially when merging lanes
3. Turn on your headlights. It's the law in all states to turn on headlights when visibility is low. If your wipers are on, your lights must be on.
4. Be aware of hydroplaning. This is when your tires lose their grip on their road. If you start to hydroplane, let off the accelerator (gas pedal) slowly, and steer straight until you regain control. If your car starts to spin, turn your wheel in the direction that the vehicle is spinning, slowly. Do not turn your wheel against the direction it has begun to spin. Do not jerk the wheel sharply in one direction or the other, as you could flip your car due to overcorrection.
5. Slow down. Speed limits are designed for ideal conditions.