Christmas tree safety tips to keep you and your family, safe this holiday season
1. If buying an artificial tree, make sure it says “FIRE RESISTANT” or “FLAME RETARDANT”
2. If you’re getting a live tree make sure it’s fresh, not dry. Make sure the limbs are flexible and the needles don’t fall off when you touch them.
3. Place the tree at least 3 feet away from any heat source like a fireplace, heater, lights or candles.
4. Make sure your tree is not blocking an exit.
5. Add water to the tree every day, a dry tree is dangerous because it can catch on fire, finally
6. Turn off the lights before going to bed or when leaving the house