Say goodbye to 2018 and ring in the 2019 new year with hundreds of people for an annual tradition in San Francisco.
San Francisco New Year’s Eve Fireworks Monday, December 31, 2018, | 11:59 pm-Embarcadero from Mission to Folsom-FREE
Arrive by 11:30 pm and head south of the Ferry Building along the Embarcadero for the best view. Fireworks kick off right at the stroke of midnight.
Here are a few special services for partygoers on New Year's Eve;
- For New Year’s Eve BART will run standard Monday service until 8pm, however, some extra commuter trains will be canceled. Special service to and from San Francisco starts at 8pm and extends to 3am. Trains will run every 20 minutes after midnight with extra trains standing by in downtown San Francisco after the fireworks show.
AAA Tipsy Tow- Monday, 12/31 at 6pm and ends Tuesday, 1/1 at 6am- Not just for existing AAA members, anyone can call AAA at 1-(800) AAA-HELP and say they need a Tipsy Tow. They will get a free ride home and their vehicle will be towed up to 10 miles. A standard rate will be charged for any towing beyond the 10 miles. AAA will only take them to their home or hotel. Not another place to drink or to a repair facility.
- FREE MUNI RIDES ON NYE- Within San Francisco, get. Free rides on all Muni lines and routes from 8 pm on New Year’s Eve until 5 am on New Year’s Day.
- FREE AC Transit has confirmed for us that they will again be offering free rides on all lines on 12/31/18 beginning New Year’s Eve from 8 pm until 5 am on New Year’s Day.
- FREE SamTrans will allow passengers to board free of charge on all bus lines. Starting at 8 pm and lasting until 5 am as a way to encourage party goers to leave their cars at home.
- FREE CalTrain – Confirmed for 12/31/18 Free rides starting at 8 pm with extra late night trains. Typically, there are four post-fireworks trains that take off as soon as they are full. Don’t tag your clipper card.
Photo Credit: Getty Images