Want to join me in taking a clean break from alcohol for January, Dry January?
If you enjoy a glass of wine like I do it doesn’t sound that fun but check out the benefits!
1. Your skin looks and feels better without the dehydrating effect of alcohol
2. Without the calories of alcohol you might shed a few pounds, which is a common New Year’s resolution
3. Your sleep could improve! Alcohol messes up your deep REM sleep, when your body de-stresses and replenishes itself so you feel more bright-eyed in the morning
4. Since Research shows that alcohol can actually exacerbate anxiety, you might feel calmer overall
5. Dry January can re-set your drinking pattern for the year! A study of adults who did a “Dry January” found that up to six months later, they were drinking on fewer occasions and drank less when they did.
Want to join me in Dry January? Leave a note in the comments!
Photo Credit: Getty Images