With all the funky weather this week, Martha Quinn spoke with safety expert Laura Adams with DriversEd.com who gave us her top tips for driving in the rain and flooded roads. Here are Laura's top tips;
- Don't Panic! A lot of people will slam on their brakes when it rains and that doesn't help anyone. You are more likely to get hit from the back if the person behind you isn't keeping their distance.
- Turn your headlights on. No matter how light the rain is, your headlights will help you see but also help others to see you.
- Give yourself plenty of time to get to where you need to be.
- If you hydroplane, don't slam on the brakes! Slowly remove your foot from the accelerator.
- Don't drive through moving water. You never know how deep the water is so it's better to steer away from it all together.