For the 15th year in a row, the Lotus Family of Restaurants gives back to the community by hosting their annual free Thanksgiving Dinner on the night before Thanksgiving.
Wednesday, November 27, 2019 | 5 pm – 9 pm-FREE
– Lotus Cuisine of India in Downtown San Rafael
– Cafe Lotus in Fairfax
– Lotus Curry House in Novato
This year, Lotus SF will be joining the tradition of providingfree meals for up to a thousand peopleon the night before Thanksgiving. All three Lotus Restaurant will be serving free Indian buffet.
“GOBBLE GOBBLE GIVE” at SLIM’s in SAN FRANCISCO
On Thanksgiving morning, volunteers will come together to put together meal packages, and walk the streets of their community to hand out care packages to homeless individuals and families. Prep time starts at 10 am. They are looking for volunteers, food donations, clothing & more.
Feed The Homeless on Thanksgiving-Thursday, November 28, 2019 | 10-11:30 am-– Prep 10am– Distribution – 10:30 am
FREE but RSVP and bring a dish – RSVP at GobbleGobbleGive17@gmail.com
Please Bring the Following:
1. A DISH OF FOOD. Already cooked. Warm is preferred. It can be as little as a side of vegetables (corn, green beans, stuffing). We can always use cooked turkeys and main course items. Of course, desserts are always welcome too.Check facebook for the latest updates.
2. FIVE (5) SMALL TOILETRY KITS. that include a: toothbrush/toothpaste, soap and shampoo.
3. CLOTHING AND BLANKETS. Please bring any used blankets and/or gently used sweaters, jackets, shirts, socks, shoes, beanies/hats for men, women, and children.
Updated as of 11/25/19…
*Proteins – Turkey, Chicken, Ham…. OR Meat Alternatives
*Green Beans Or Green Bean Casserole
* Corn OR Creamed Corn
* Brown Paper Bags to distribute clothing
* VOLUNTEERS to help and bring food
Volunteer in One of the Following Areas:
- Coordinate taking in of food that is being dropped off
- Bring food to the kitchen or directly to the floor where it will be divided
- Put meals together with your fellow volunteers
- Sort clothes between men, women & children
- Create toiletry kits from donation items
- Create bags filled with food, water, clothes & warm blankets
- Pass donation bags out to the homeless
PIER 39 is spreading holiday cheer on San Francisco’s waterfront. Pier 39 is unwrapping their nightly tree lighting show for the holiday season. Synchronized to holiday music, the tree transforms into a kaleidoscope of swirling colors every half hour from 5 pm -10 pm, November 27, 2019 through January 5, 2020.
These dazzling tree lighting moments take center stage all season long.
Oakland’s Diamond District is home to Two Star Market which will host its 17th Annual Free Thanksgiving Dinner & Celebration from 1-4 pm on Thursday, November 28, 2019. 2020 Macarthur Blvd in Oakland.
Help deliver Thanksgiving Day meals to 4,000 homebound individuals. Drivers must provide their own vehicle and bring along at least one passenger. Shifts take no more than 3 hours each. All deliveries occur within San Francisco. In past years, on-site in the morning, volunteers received an orientation, refreshments, a route sheet (who to deliver to), map (directions how to get there) and meals.Please note, we expect it to be similar for 2019.
Thursday, November 28, 2019 | Shifts from 5:30 am to 1 pm | Harbor Light Center, 445 9th Street, San Francisco. – Confirmed as of 10/29/2019
Help bring food to 3,000+ local seniors on Thanksgiving day by delivering hot turkey dinners. Additional positions include Social Media & Photo Station, Gift Station, Brunch Set Up and more.
Thursday, November 28, 2019 | 8 am to 2 pm| Meals on Wheels of San Francisco, 1375 Fairfax Avenue, SF
RSVPonline (shifts fill up quickly) – Confirmed as of 10/29/2019