If you have a space heater, do you know the #1 safety tip for it?? I had no clue but I found these great holiday safety tips from the San Francisco Fire Department!
- If you have a fresh cut Christmas tree then you need to water it daily so it doesn't dry out. Turn the tree lights off at night.
- If there's a fireplace in your house then you should have a safety screen in place. You should also have your chimney's cleaned and inspected annually.
- If you have a space heater in your room, plug it into a single dedicated outlet.
- Candles are gorgeous & festive but keep the area around it clear.
- Always have a fire extinguisher ready and easily accessible.
Thank you to the San Francisco Fire Department for these great tips and for everything you do for the city!!