Jobina Fortson with ABC 7 News will be hosting a one-hour town hall today (Thursday) at 4 pm. The conversation will cover how the coronavirus is impacting the black community on a broader scale.
In early April, Dr. Fauci said black Americans are dying of coronavirus at higher rates compared to other Americans in some major cities. Dr. Fauci said this is due in part to existing health disparities.
"Race & The Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation" will be featuring several panelists representing medicine, activism, business/economic impact, community and political leadership.
The panelists will include:
- Dr. Monica McLemore, RN, UCSF Associate Professor, Family Healthcare Nursing
- Pendarvis Harshaw, Author, Host of Rightnowish and columnist at KQED Arts, Oakland
- Rep. Barbara Lee, CA-13th District
- Chuck Collins, President and CEO of the YMCA of San Francisco
- Eva Patterson, President and Co-founder of Equal Justice Society, Oakland
- Debra Gore-Mann, President and CEO of Greenlining Institute, Oakland
SUBMIT QUESTIONS:If you would like to submit a question for the panelists do so in the Facebook post or form below.