Starting Saturday, May 30th, people in San Francisco will be required to wear masks in most situations outside the home. Up until this point, people have been required to wear face coverings when leaving their homes to go on essential errands during the coronavirus pandemic but the city is working on moving into Phase 2 of reopening San Francisco.
You will now be required to cover your face in the following situations:
- When you are outside exercising and are within 30 feet of another person
- When you are walking by someone on the sidewalk
- When preparing food for sale
- When indoors at a grocery store and doctor’s office or pharmacy
- When you use public transportation
You are not required to a face covering in the following situations:
- When you are in a private office with no one else around
- When you are driving in a car alone or with family
- When you are outside and no one is within 30 feet of you
Children 12 an under do not have to wear masks and neither do people with documented medical exceptions.
Photo Credit: Getty Images